User Experience Designer // Nov 16 - Present
GE Healthcare / Uppsala, Sweden
• Acting as UX Lead and responsible for UX design process and deliverables in various projects at R&D department in coordination with global design, marketing, product owners and engineering teams.
• Scoping, planning and coordinating UX activities from initial requirements and user research findings, to concepts, prototypes, interaction/UI design, user testing and further development of products.
• Contributing to the entire agile NPD process, actively involved in advocating user-centered design approach and mentoring internal stakeholders best practices of user and customer experience.
Innovation Designer // Sep 15 - Aug 16
EDP - Energias de Portugal / Lisbon, Portugal
• Bridging design thinking, user experience, service design, digital and smart home technologies in transforming energy sector (B2C) with a scope on designing service ecosystems that enable a value co-creation and development of new meaningful customer-centered experiences.
• Related Areas: service innovation, customer experience, experience design, ethnographic research, participatory design and collaborative visualisation tools.
Service Experience Designer // Apr 15 - Sep 15
Designit / Stockholm, Sweden
• Leading projects on a day-to-day basis, managing priorities, resources and timing.
• Scoping, planning and conducting extensive qualitative and quantitative research activities (market, trends, customers' and clients' needs).
• Facilitating service design research and ideation workshops with multidisciplinary teams of multiple stakeholders.
• Mapping Customer Journeys, Service Blueprints, Value Propositions and generating UX design ideas.
• Conducting in-depth data analysis, turning user insights and identified opportunities into
differentiating concepts, services and solutions.
• Establishing and supporting collaborative processes with digital design team members.
• Providing strategic consultancy to clients.
Interaction Designer | Graduate Intern // Feb 14 - Aug 14
PHILIPS Design / Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Graduation Internship (Master Thesis): "Design of a Novel UI Controls".
• The main challenge was to create a complex product (medical professional user interface) that has to be used under sterile conditions (being covered with a plastic drape and used with gloved hands) with a minimal physical and cognitive effort, also considering multiple safety regulations.
• The main stakeholders and end users (radiologists) had been involved in all stages of the design process, from the user/field research to the final concept (tangible interactive model) evaluation.
• During the project I had the opportunity to travel internationally to the customer sites (e.g. field research, interim user tests and final design evaluation), to have many responsibilities related with logistics and working with external prototype suppliers.
• The proposed design of the UI controls was evaluated by stakeholders and customers as a product that is easy to use, that can help end users to perform their work more independently, more intuitively, safer and faster. Thus, it can streamline the clinical workflow and improve the customer experience and outcomes.
Interaction Designer | Trainee // Jan 13 - Jan 14
PHILIPS Healthcare / Best, The Netherlands
Traineeship with a special focus on User-Product Interaction and Experience, Ergonomics, Usability & Ease of Use.
• Developed a good knowledge and understanding of the clinical workflow (e.g. observations/interviews at hospitals, workflow mapping and analysis), gathered user/customer tasks, needs and insights.
• Generated and developed UI solutions for new CT applications and equipment together with global multi-disciplinary teams of clinical specialists, usability engineers, interaction and product designers.
• Planed and executed user tests, analyzed results and derived usability requirements for design iterations.
• Delivered UI design concepts (e.g. wireframes, mock-ups, experiential prototypes), for software and hardware products, considering FDA regulations.
• Supported engineering teams while implementing UI/UX design solutions.
Research & Student Assistant // Jun 12 - Jan 13
Delft Institute of Positive Design / Delft, The Netherlands
Research Assistant (Emotion Design)
• Contributed to the research project “Taxonomy of Negative Emotions”.
• Supported and assisted the teaching staff at the Master course "Design for Emotion and Subjective Well-Being". Reference: Prof. Dr. Pieter Desmet.
Industrial Designer | Intern // Aug 11 - Dec 11
JACOB JENSEN DESIGN / Aalborg Area, Denmark
• Generated and developed new design concepts, such as consumer electronics and home appliances projects.
• Clients: Jacob Jensen™, Carl Hansen & Søn, Morelite Lighting, Bell Xpress and Toshiba Europe.
• Main tasks: user/market research & analysis, idea generation/sketching, model making & prototyping, CAD in SolidWorks & Rhino, final rendering in KeyShot and design concept visuals.
Freelance Designer (Part Time) // Sep 10 - Jul 11
KRONHOLM DESIGN / Copenhagen, Denmark
• Helped to establish the studio with design strategy, branding and visual design.
Industrial Designer | Intern // Oct 10 - Dec 10
CARL & CARL / Copenhagen, Denmark
• Developed a new design concept for Swedish brand Skeppshult.
• Main Tasks: User & market research, tech/safety requirements, concept generation/development and visual design.
Interior Decorator // 2001 - 2005
Self-Employed / Lisbon, Portugal
• Advisied clients on the selection of colour schemes, layout, lighting, furniture, floor coverings, wallpaper, paint etc.
• Provided sketch designs, specifications and cost estimates (materials & labour) to the client for approval.
• Supervised and coordinated the installations and arrangements.
Service Design Jammer // Feb 15
Copenhagen Service Jam / Copenhagen, Denmark
Intensive 3-days Service Design workshop at Aalborg University Copenhagen that was supported and guided by Designit, Out of Office, CINC and Creature. • Practiced service design toolkits (e.g. user/customer insights, storyboards, customer journey, business model canvas, guerilla testing, wireframes etc.). • Created and prototyped a Service Design Concept in 48 hours.
Creative Facilitation Volunteer // Dec 13
Frog Design / Amsterdam, The Netherlands
• Supported the coordination and facilitation of creative sessions during an intensive 3-days Business Innovation Workshop at UCB Pharma (Brussels, Belgium) with the guidance and UCD design methodology of the Frog's interaction design team.
• Contributed to the generation of new patient-centered design solutions for UCB Pharma's customers.
Reference: JF Grossen (Frog Amsterdam)
Workshop Participant // Jul 12
Microsoft Portugal / Lisbon, Portugal
• App Design workshop dedicated to Windows 8 UI design.
Workshop Participant // Oct 10
CIID / Copenhagen, Denmark
• Arduino workshop with Massimo Banzi.
Name Andriy Yasynetskyy
Nationality Portuguese, EU
Doctoral studies in Service Design for Innovation
University of Porto / Porto, Portugal
Sep 15 - Aug 16
MSc Design for Interaction, Industrial Design Engineering
Specialisation: Medisign (Design of Products/Services for Healthcare)
Delft University of Technology / Delft, The Netherlands
Feb 12 - Aug 14
BA Product Design
Technical University of Lisbon / Lisbon, Portugal
Sep 07 - Jul 10
Bachelor studies in Communication Design
IADE - Creative University / Lisbon, Portugal
Sep 06 - Jul 07
Bachelor studies in Art History, Criticism and Management
National Academy of Fine Art and Architecture
Sep 95 - Jul 99
UX Management | 2 courses
Design Thinking for Business Innovation
Coursera / University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
Feb 15 - Mar 15
English • fluent level
Portuguese • native level
Ukrainian • native level
Swedish • intermediate (learning)
Polish • basic level
Spanish • basic level
Microsoft: Word, PPT, Excel • advanced
Apple: Keynote, iMovie • advanced
Adobe CC: Xd, Ps, Ai, Id • advanced
Balsamiq, Axure • very good
Sketch, InVisionApp • good
CAD/Rendering: Rhino, SolidWorks, Keyshot • good
Arduino • basic
HTML, JS, CSS • basic
DESIGN METHODS & TOOLS
• Systemic & Holistic approach, considering service eco-systems and involving user/customer/actors in co-design process.
• Ethnography, User Observation, Shadowing, Indepth Interviews, Laddering, Personas, Emotion-driven Design Tools, Workshop Facilitation.
• Context Mapping, Workflow/Experience Mapping, Customer Journey Mapping, Generating User/Customer Insights & Requirements, Task Analysis, Market Analysis.
• Generating Interaction Vision, Interaction Qualities & Desirable UX/CX.
• Ideation: Brain Drawing, Mind Mapping, Idea Clustering, Hand Sketching, Low-Fi Prototyping, Wireframing, Storyboards/Scenarios, Video, Animations.
• Hands on Workshop: Mock-ups, Model Making, Interactive Prototyping, Rapid Prototyping.
• User Testing, Expert Reviews, Design Validation and Service Blueprints.
• Naturally Curious Person
• Team Player with a Sense of Humor
• User & Customer Oriented
• Self-Driven/Motivated and Ambitious
• Enthusiastic for Challenging Projects